Why do we need a new water system?
It may be out of your sight, but it is not out of the City's mind. Take a look at the possibilities.
We are asking for community involvement because in the end it is your water, so please send us any comments or suggestions to help us.
Water Facility Comment Form (Click this Link)
- approximately 18,000 feet of Cast Iron piping
- approximately 7,200 feet of PVC 4” or less
- approximately 18,200 feet of PVC over 4”
- minimum of 1,000 gpm for 60 minutes for residential
- minimum of 1,500gpm for 120 minutes for commercial
General rule of thumb is a 4" line can only handle approximately 550 gpm.
- approximately 32,000 feet of pipeline needs to be replaced (72% of the system)
System Improvement Needs:
- Approximately 32,000 feet of new PVC pipeline: the distribution system is estimated to cost around $5.5 million (based on the preliminary cost estimates the distribution portion will need to be broken up into phases) and the well distribution line is estimated to cost $850,000
- New or additional storage capacity
- Water Treatment Facility
This web page was built with Mobirise